This Grammarly Review contains affiliate links. While I do get a small commission when you purchase through one of these links, it doesn’t cost you anything additional. All opinions are my own, and I only recommend products that I use and love,
I have always been a horrible speller. Even when I meticulous proof-read my work, I still find additional errors after I hit post or send on some content. For a long time, I let this weakness hold me back from starting an online business, I was insecure because I did not want to post articles littered with spelling and grammar errors. Then, about 12 months ago, I found Grammarly, and it was a game changer for me. Grammarly enabled me to start creating error-free content. This is why I have named Grammarly one of my top blogging resources for 2019.
Here’s is a list of the topics covered in this Grammarly Review:
- What Does Grammarly Do?
- Who Should use Grammarly?
- How to Use the Grammarly Software?
- How Effective is Grammarly for detecting Plagiarism?
- Grammarly Free Vs Grammarly Premium
- How much does Grammarly cost?
- A 20% discount on Grammarly Premium
- Is Grammar Premium Worth It?
What Does Grammarly Do?
Grammarly is a tool that helps you take your writing to the next level by checking for several types of errors. Grammarly algorithms enable it to provide better error checking results than the traditional spelling and grammar checker built into Microsoft Word. It will flag potential issues in your text and suggest corrections for grammar, spelling, word usage, wordiness, style, punctuation, and plagiarism. Here is a quick overview of some of the features:
- Spell Check – It’s a next level spell check tool. It is a contextual spelling checker, which means Grammarly detects misspelled words and correctly spelled words used in the wrong context.
- Grammar and punctuation – Grammarly fixes over 250 types of errors, most of which are not detectable in the Microsoft Word® grammar checker. For each proposed corrections you are provided with an explanation, so you can decide if you want to make the change.
- Plagiarism Check – Grammarly detects plagiarism, by comparing your writing and post to pages across the web. This is especially useful if you are using freelancers to help develop some of your content. You do not want to be caught out with plagiarised materials on site.
- Writing Style Insights – Grammarly helps you adapt your writing style for particular audiences by providing readability scores and insights. The image below provides an example of a writing style insight from Grammarly.
Who Should use Grammarly?
Grammarly is useful for anyone wanting to create accurate, error-free material. This is not limited to bloggers or people working online. I recommend Grammarly for people from any industry, including students that need want to make sure their work is accurate and easy to read. Some examples of this include:
- A blog can use Grammarly to find mistakes in their posts
- A professional can use Grammarly to check their emails, presentations and reports.
- A student can use Grammarly to proofread essays and assignments
Grammarly is not just a blogging tool; it can check MS Word docs, social posts, PowerPoints. You name it, and Grammarly will make sure it is error free.
How to Use the Grammarly Software?
There are a few different ways that you can use Grammarly to check your work. The popular post options are:
Installing Grammarly’s Free browser extension. This will enable Grammarly to check your writing on almost every site on the web. Browser extensions are available for Chrom, Safari, FireFox and Edge
Log into the Grammarly editor. Within the editor, you can copy and paste your text, upload your document for checking or write directly in the tool.
Download The Grammarly for Microsoft® Office adds on. This will enable Grammarly to work in all of your Microsoft Applications including Word and Outlook.
Install the Grammarly Keyboard on your phone. The keyboard is available for Android and iOS. This keyboard will ensure everything you write on mobile is mistake-free.
How effective is Grammarly for detecting plagiarism?
Grammarly Plagiarism checker is a reliable software for detecting plagiarism from online sources, books and other academic texts. The ProQuest Academic research database and internet are the primary reference sources for these checks. This check is essential for people who are publishing online and want to make sure that their content is unique.
It is worth noting that Grammarly cannot check for plagiarism against “hard-copy” published materials that are not available in a digital format. Grammarly’s plagiarism tool should be sufficient for most everyday users. If you are an academic or teacher and plagiarism is of paramount concern, you may want to investigate some stand along plagiarism software.
Grammarly Free Vs Grammarly Premium
There are free and premium versions of Grammarly available. While the free version of Grammarly does not have all of the bells and whistles of the premium; it is still an excellent option for anyone that does not have a budget to invest in a writing tool.
Here is a side by side comparison of the two different account types:
How much does Grammarly cost?
There are currently three different Grammarly Premium subscriptions available:
Monthly Grammarly Premium Subscription is $29.95 per month
Quarterly Grammarly Premium Subscription is 19.98 per month, billed as one payment of $59.95.
Annual Grammarly Premium Subscription is $11.66 per month, billed as one payment of $139.95.
Is Grammarly Premium Worth it?
Grammarly is my favourite writing tool. It gives me confidence that my work is error free. This confidence is the reason I believe that Grammarly premium is worth the investment.
With that being said, I worked with the free version of Grammarly for months before upgrading to the premium version. If you are on a tight budget or do not have money to invest in the premium version, try the free product. Install the free browser extension and test the product for yourself.
I hope you found this Grammarly Review helpful. Check out my list of the best blogging resources for 2019 to find out about my other product recommendations to help you save time and money.